Tuesday, February 22, 2011

1 Year

Wow, everyone says it but it's true...time really does fly! I must admit there were a few moments (and some entire days) that went by slowly :)  I can't beleive it's been a year since Claire came into our lives.


February 12th, 2010

February 12th, 2011
      

The whole week prior to her birthday I was playing the "Remember When..." game.  I was reminiscing about the last week and day at school (I was done at this time last year!), visiting Megan and Nate (and Joe) in the hospital on Thursday, the drive to the hospital early Friday morning (I remember what I wore!), the moment when they lifted Claire over the blue sheet in the OR...was that really all a year ago?

First I have to say - we are very blessed.  We have a beautiful, healthy, happy girl and (as you will see) we have wonderfully supportive family and friends who love her (and us) and came together to help celebrate Claire's bid day.

The organization
Claire helped me write the Hungry Caterpillar invitations.


Party Guests fly into town.
1st arrivals: Auntie Kristin, Uncle Dan and Cousin Liz

It's hard to tell but the girls were dancing together.

And actually sharing toys!

Now Claire is showing Liz one of her favorite toys - the arm chair.

Is someone ticklish?

Now for the most fun game.  First, you get an adult's attention. Then you peek over the back...

And someone is always on the other side! (See Auntie Kristin's head??)  It's so much fun!


Party Day
Thanks to Jen (and the rest of the Raleigh family) Claire had a fantastic outfit for her party :)

Family photo (this was as close as we got to a smile...see below).

Claire's trick this week was pooping and waking herself up during her nap.  Explanation: short nap = not the happiest 1-year old.


Ok, all better!


The Cake
Kalin offered to make a Hungry Caterpillar cake for Claire - it was adorable!!

I have to wait until Mo sends me a better picture of eating the cake (I had our camera on the wrong setting!).


You can vote on the title for this photo:
a) I'm 1 year old!
b) Looking for hidden frosting

Post-cake family shot.

Apparently when you're playing with your daughter, serving cake and talking with family and friends you forget to take pictures!  Here is the 1 photo I took of a few of our guests :

The Day After
Claire helping her Dad assemble her new toys.

Photo op with Gma Ellen and Gpa Mark (and her new hat).

Wait...haven't we seen this pose before?

No wait - she's just saying she's 1 year old now!

Photo op with Pop Pop, Grammy and Liz.


Awwww....kissing cousins!  The perfect end to a perfect weekend.

1 comment:

  1. I love the party outfit! I can't believe she's 1 already. I play the "Remember when" game every year around their birthday. It's a time you never forget!

    ReplyDelete