Sunday, August 14, 2011

Summer Routine

Every summer it takes me a while to settle in and get adjusted to a new routine.  But once that's done I (we) quite enjoy the more laid back days.

Here is a glimpse into our daily routine...

Claire has been waking up a bit later these days (yeah!), around 6:45.  We have our breakfast (and coffee for the adults) and watch a little of the Today Show (still not a fan of Anne Curry, sorry Dad).  We take our time getting ready, however I have learned we need to be out of the house by 9 am.  Any later than that and Claire goes into "helper" mode.  

Here she is helping me reorganize the cereal cupboard.  I believe it was 9:01 am.


Some days I try to clean up what she has organized, other days I leave it for nap time.  A colleague of mine told me she loved summers with her young girls (now grown).  She said the house was always a disaster but they were out at parks, lakes and pools.  I can relate.  

After our cleaning (or lack there of) we head off to a park, pool or lake. This summer has been fantastically warm and we have spent many a day at Bryant Lake Beach.

I usually pack a picnic, of which Claire eats very little - too busy playing.  

This is a very rare occurrence - Claire is sitting, in one spot (ie not moving), eating!  

One of her new favorite games is running down hills.  This attempt was less than successful.




We stay till just before nap time, then someone starts to slow down.  



She usually falls asleep on the way home and I carry my little sack of potatoes up the stairs and put her to bed.

We also frequent the beach for dinner picnics.  Here Uncle Mitch and Kalin joined us.




No comments:

Post a Comment