Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Making Presents

We thought it might be fun to have Claire make a few gifts to give to family.  Our idea was to get a few canvas boards and have her make hand prints.  Sounds easy, right? Ha, that's what I thought.

I bought washable finger paint - that was key.  We then covered the kitchen floor with brown grocery bags, just in case.  I was in charge of helping her get the paint on her hands while Ryan was on guard duty: guarding the walls, himself and the rest of our house from paint.

Here you can see our attempt at covering the kitchen floor.

This piece started out as a hand print.  Then, when that didn't work out, it turned into "creative Claire art".


Cleaning up!

An arial view.


We did end up getting two decent hand prints.  Two other pieces ended up as Claire's artwork.

Uncle Mitch and Kalin showed us up at Christmas though.  They took Claire to "Paint your Plate" and made me an adorble mug (and Nonnie and Bapa a trivet) with an impeccable handprint!  They will be helping with gifts next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment