Claire turned 3 months on Wednesday so she is now old enough to go to the daycare at the gym. Ryan got her signed up so all I had to do was bring her in so I could work out...sounds easy, right?!!?
First you have to make an appointment (since they can only take up to 4 infants at a time). So I scheduled 8:30-10 so I could work out, go in the hot tub (which I haven't done in over a year!) and shower. Well, we obviously didn't leave right on time, but we did get to the gym by 8:45. I then lugged my workout bag, the diaper bag and Claire (in her car seat) into the gym and downstairs to the daycare. She was one of three kids there and was sleeping so I figured she'd be fine. (They do call you over the loud speaker though if you need to get your kid: "Molly Swiderski please return to the child care". I don't have to tell you I kept one ear open for that the whole time).
By the time I got up to the treadmill it was 9:00, ok 1 hour left to workout and shower. So I worked out til 9:30ish and then went back to the locker room. I debated whether or not to use the hot tub since I also had to get ready and pick up her up in a little over 20 minutes. But, since I hadn't used a hot tub in forever I thought it would be relaxing.
It turns out it's not so relaxing when you're worrying about how much time you have left! Now I had 15 minutes to shower, blow dry my hair, change and pick her up. I can do it. I was warm from working out and the hot tub, not to mention the blow dryer so I was dressed but still sweating...and it was 10:00. I threw everything in my locker, locked it up and went to get Claire.
When I got to the daycare there were about 100 children running around! Apparently it gets a little busier around 10am. The infant area wasn't full though so I asked them to watch her for 10 more minutes so I could finish getting ready.
I was finally ready to go and got Claire. (FYI she did just fine and everyone thought she was so cute!). Again I had Claire in the car seat, my bag and the diaper bag. Mind you I'm still sweating. So I hauled all that upstairs where I decided I should stop for a post-workout smoothie to congratulate myself :) (Also, this would give me time to stop sweating). This is the good part...I had set everything (and everyone) down at a table and got the smoothie. When I tried to take the wrapper off the straw I dropped the whole thing on the ground/my pants/my shoe. Awesome. The nice man at the cafe helped me clean up and then made me another smoothie :)
Alright, it's almost 10:30, time to leave. I packed everything/everyone up and headed out to the car. I got to the doors and realized IT'S POURING RAIN! Well I'm not taking her out in that! So we hung out in the entry way for a while. (Read the Que Bonita blog post to find out what another woman said about Claire!). Then a nice group of moms and kids came out and saw not only the rain but Claire and I waiting it out. They asked me if I wanted them to watch her while I ran and got the car - how nice!
And that was the end of our first gym experience...2 hours later...(reminder I worked out for approximately 30 minutes of that time!). I'm sure we'll get more efficient, but I think we'll wait until next week to try it again!
No comments:
Post a Comment